Students can’t edit their discussion titles after they create discussions. Open the menu for a response or reply to access the Edit and Delete functions. If you delete an initial response, all replies remain. … The deletion message also appears if students delete discussion topics they created.
How do I enable edit mode in Blackboard as a student?
How do I use this?
- Open Blackboard and choose the course you want to work with.
- Click the Edit Mode button, on the top right of the screen, to toggle Edit Mode On or Off.
Can you edit a blackboard discussion post?
You can edit or delete your own posts only if your instructor has made those options available to you. You cannot edit or delete others’ posts. If you post a message in error and the option to delete it is not available to you, contact your instructor.
Can you edit a discussion post?
Each of your posts have a settings icon with edit and delete options. Click the Settings icon on the post you want to modify. To edit a post, click the Edit link. To delete a post, click the Delete link.
Can students create discussion forums in Blackboard?
For a student-led discussion, allow students to create new threads with the option of posting anonymously. On the main Discussion Board page, on the Action Bar, click Create Forum. On the Create Forum page, type a Name. Users click this name to access the forum.
What is Blackboard edit mode?
Edit Mode allows instructors to manage their courses. This button is located in the upper‐right corner of each Course area. With Edit Mode ON you can easily manage course content. With Edit Mode OFF you see what your students see.
How do you edit on blackboard?
Editing Content in Blackboard
- Action button. To edit content on Blackboard, find the content you wish to edit and click on the action button beside it.
- Menu. When you click on an action button a menu will appear. …
- Make your changes. …
- Submit. …
- Overwriting a file.
How do you delete a discussion post on Blackboard as a student?
To Delete Old Posts:
- Enter Blackboard and open the course.
- Edit Mode – On.
- Open the Discussion Board.
- Find a Forum that has posts. Open the forum.
- Click the top left checkbox to select all the threads.
- Optional: Uncheck any message to be kept.
- Click Delete to remove the student posts.
How do you respond to a discussion post?
Validate the post by sharing your experience and stating how it relates to the course material or to the initial post. Agree or disagree with the post and explain why you agree or disagree. Expand on your classmate’s post to demonstrate that you understand the topic.
How do you edit a discussion on canvas?
You can update the discussion title and content, and you can modify the discussion options.
- Open Discussions. In Course Navigation, click the Discussions link.
- Edit Discussion. To edit the discussion, use the Rich Content Editor. You can also edit other discussion options.
- Save Discussion. Click the Save button.
Can teachers see Edit discussion posts on canvas?
Create discussion topics – this feature allows students to create their own discussion forums within your course. Most instructors do not want this feature available to students. … If the post is edited, there is no history for the Instructor to look at to see what was changed.
Can teachers see if you deleted a discussion post on canvas?
Please note that your instructor can see that you deleted your replies in the discussion.
Can a student delete a thread on blackboard?
Open a thread in a forum. On the thread’s page, point to a post to view the available functions. Select Edit or Delete. The delete action is irreversible.
How do you start a discussion post?
How to Write a Strong Discussion Post [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do your homework. …
- Read prompts carefully. …
- Wake up your classmates with a strong argument or perspective. …
- Be relevant. …
- Bring something unique to the post. …
- Prepare your response in a text editor (like Word) before you post. …
- Leave participants wanting more.
How do you start a discussion forum?
How to start a great discussion
- Make the discussion title or question as descriptive as possible. …
- Proof read. …
- Use minimal formatting. …
- Put your post in the right category. …
- Use tags. …
- If you want responses, ask for them. …
- Go easy on the insider jargon. …
- Add an image.