Instead, consider saying, “Thank you! That’s really nice of you to say.” Know your worth—your friend is acknowledging your effort and accomplishments, so don’t devalue or undercut their opinions. Even if you don’t see what you’ve done as a major achievement, accepting congratulations and praise can be motivating.
What is the appropriate response to a compliment?
Here are a few ways to respond to a compliment: “Thank you, it makes my day to hear that.” “I really put a lot of thought into this, thank you for noticing.” “Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to express that.”
How do you humbly respond to a compliment?
1. Do say ‘thank you‘. The rule of thumb when you receive a compliment is to simply and humbly say “Thank you” or “Thank you; I appreciate your kind words.” By accepting the compliment, you show gratitude for the other person’s kind remarks and do not come off as vain, bashful or prideful.
How do you respond to a student thank you note?
Thank you very much for your touching and beautifully written letter. It means a lot to me to know that you enjoy my classes. I also appreciate the personalized coffee mug you gave me.
How do you accept a compliment from a professor?
Thank you for loving your job so much! You are an amazing teacher. Thanks for everything you taught me last year as well as your support. You have always gone above and beyond the expectations of a ‘great’ professor.
How do you praise someone professionally?
Compliments on skills
- “You’re a great communicator. ”
- “I really admire your work ethic.”
- “You’re so organized. Can you give me some tips?”
- “You think about things in such a creative way. You help me think about problem-solving in a new way.”
- You handle stress so well. You help me keep work in perspective.”
Why is it hard to accept compliments?
Science tells us it’s a loop. There are three factors happening here, feeding into one another endlessly to make it hard to accept compliments: low self-esteem, cognitive dissonance, and high expectations. It goes like this: you don’t think much of yourself, for whatever reason. … Either way, you have low self-esteem.
How do you say thank you in creative ways?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this. …
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you. …
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing! …
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table. …
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million. …
- 7 Many thanks.
How do you praise students?
Fifty Ways to Praise Your Students
- You’ve got it right.
- That’s right.
- That’s good.
- You’re really working hard today.
- You are very good at that.
- That’s coming along nicely.
How do you reply to welcome?
Here are a few more ways to say “You’re welcome” in English.
- You got it.
- Don’t mention it.
- No worries.
- Not a problem.
- My pleasure.
- It was nothing.
- I’m happy to help.
- Not at all.
How do you compliment someone who is humble?
Going beyond appearances to make a person feel good
- You make me genuinely laugh.
- I love your enthusiasm.
- Your realism is grounding.
- I look up to you.
- Thank you for staying so focused.
- Can you teach me how to be so patient?
- You are a wonderful brother/sister/husband/wife/etc.
- You are so joyful!
What do you say to a good professor?
Here are some of five top qualities we believe every professor shouldn’t be without:
- Fascinating Character and Effective Teaching Style.
- Ability to Set Goals.
- Cleverness in a Classroom Management.
- Curriculum Expertise.
- Expertise in the Subject Matter.