What qualities do medical schools look for?
What are the competencies?
- Service Orientation.
- Social Skills.
- Cultural Competence.
- Oral Communication.
- Ethical Responsibility to Self and Others.
- Reliability and Dependability.
- Resilience and Adaptability.
What strengths do you need to be a doctor?
The 7 Essential Qualities of a Physician
- Compassion. Physicians aren’t robots. …
- Strong Work Ethic. Having a strong work ethic means you dedicate 100% of yourself to your work every day, regardless of how tired you are or what is going on in your personal life. …
- Professionalism. …
- Knowledge. …
- Confidence. …
What makes a medical student stand out?
What stands out is slightly different at each school. Keep in mind that applicants generally have some flavor of the following in their applications: community service, research experience and/or publications, leadership experiences, medical exposure (shadowing or work-related), and extracurricular activities.
What skills should a doctor have?
Key skills for hospital doctors
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure.
- Good practical skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner.
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
- Analytical ability.
What is the easiest medical school to get into?
Easiest Medical Schools to Get Into
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. …
- University of Massachusetts Medical School. …
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine. …
- University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine. …
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport.
What are 3 key characteristics of a good medicine?
List three qualities that make a drug useful as a medicine. Effectiveness, safety and, minor side effects. Name the two sources of all drugs. Chemicals, and, natural sources.