Are people happy with online classes?
About 60 to 70 per cent students, teachers, parents and school principals from across India have said that the online mode of teaching and learning during COVID-19 period was joyful and satisfactory, according to a survey by the Ministry of Education.
How do college students feel about online learning?
The responses from students were largely positive overall – 85% said their online courses felt like a “classroom community”, 84% said remote learning environments can be effective and 70% said they would consider taking more virtual classes in the future. …
What are the disadvantages of online classes?
Ten Disadvantages of Online Courses
- Online courses require more time than on-campus classes. …
- Online courses make it easier to procrastinate. …
- Online courses require good time-management skills. …
- Online courses may create a sense of isolation. …
- Online courses allow you to be more independent.
Are online classes more effective?
Online learning is certainly the more effective option for students, but it’s also better for the environment. It has been found that online courses equate to an average of 90% less energy and 85% fewer CO2 emissions per student than traditional in person courses.
What is good about online classes?
1. It’s flexible. Online education enables the teacher and the student to set their own learning pace, and there’s the added flexibility of setting a schedule that fits everyone’s agenda. … Studying online teaches you vital time management skills, which makes finding a good work-study balance easier.
What are the pros and cons of online education?
12 Pros and Cons of Online Learning for Students
- Students can work from the comfort of their own home (or any other location).
- Students can complete independent assignments outside of school hours allowing for more flexibility.
- Problems like bullying are reduced. …
- Students can take more breaks when needed.
What I like most about the online classes?
The one thing I like about online learning is how convenient it is. I can keep learning as long as I have a device with me. However, I still prefer learning at school, as I feel I learn better in a classroom setting and that face-to-face lessons are more effective. Our topics always get a lot of responses.
How many hours of online classes are allowed for college students?
Online synchronous learning may be undertaken for not more than four sessions of 30-45 minutes each on the days as decided by States/UTs. The ministry has also asked the state to “curate, develop and use digital resources and tools including Open and Free resources”.
Do college students learn better online or in person?
Scientists looking at the effectiveness of distance learning found that in some studies, distance education students performed slightly better in exams and grades than traditional classroom students, but that overall the average performance outcomes weren’t that different.
Why are students struggling with online learning?
Students’ life circumstances have changed.
Students may no longer have an internet connection, a device to use, or a space to learn in. Some students may not be available to meet at specific times. Others may have a lot going on in the background that they’re trying to block out or even hide from the rest of the class.