What Do You Do At College Fairs? College fairs are events that bring admissions officers from various colleges and universities to high schools, convention centers, and community spaces to meet with and answer questions from students and parents.
What do you do in college fairs?
A college fair is a gathering of college representatives who are looking for the right students for their institutions. They’re there to spread the word about their college to high school students — and they want to talk to you.
Why should I attend a college fair?
Attending a college fair gives you a sneak peek into life at that particular campus. Also, with a more focused shortlist that you now have, you can be more selective about which campuses to visit personally so you are not wasting time and money visiting colleges at random.
What do you wear to a college fair?
Wear Smart Casual
Smart casual for men includes a formal shirt, jeans or khakis and dress shoes. Wearing sneakers is allowed as long as the overall look is put-together well. Smart casual for women includes a well-fitting blouse, dress jeans or a skirt and formal shoes.
What should you not say in a college essay?
What should you not write in a college essay?
- Never rehash your academic and extracurricular accomplishments.
- Never write about a “topic”
- Never start with a preamble.
- Never end with a “happily ever after” conclusion.
- Never pontificate.
- Never retreat into your thoughts.
- Never hold back.
- Never give TMI.
What is more important GPA or class rank?
Admission officers for colleges and scholarships usually look at both your GPA and class rank together, so it is just as important to have a high class rank as well as a high GPA.
What questions should I ask on a college visit?
- What’s it like to be a first-year student here?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How much time do students spend studying per week?
- What do you do when you’re not in class?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- What is the social scene like?
- What kinds of things are there to do in your school’s hometown?
- How’s the food?
What are two benefits of an individual college visit?
Benefits of Campus Visits
- The Real Feel. Campus visits offer a first-hand view of your potential college or university. …
- Ask Away. Ask questions during your campus visit. …
- Don’t Be Afraid to Interact. To make the most of your college visit, interact with others on campus. …
- #CollegeTalk. …
- Connect with Experts. …
- Post Visit Actions.