What does it mean to be a Commonwealth supported student?

A Commonwealth supported place (CSP) is a place at a university or higher education provider where the government pays part of your fees. This part is a subsidy, not a loan, and you don’t have to pay it back. This subsidy does not cover the entire cost of your study.

How do I know if I am a Commonwealth supported student?

If you are an undergraduate student enrolled in a degree or course of study (not single subjects) – you are most likely eligible to be Commonwealth supported. To check what type of student you are, log into eStudent, click on the My Offers tab, then View next to your course.

Does everyone get a Commonwealth supported place?

Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs) are subsidised by the federal government and are available to domestic students in all undergraduate and some postgraduate courses at public universities, as well as in select courses at private universities and private higher education providers.

Is Commonwealth Supported Place a scholarship?

CSPs are subsidised higher education places and HELP loans enable eligible students to study now and defer their fees. … Most providers will also offer their own scholarships/payment plans to further assist students. Students should contact their provider directly for more information.

IT\'S INTERESTING:  How many points does an AP class add to your GPA?

What is the difference between CSP and HECS?

A CSP is a subsidised higher education enrolment. CSPs are only available to domestic students. … If you are eligible, you can choose to use a HECS-HELP loan to pay your student contributions.

Who is eligible for Commonwealth supported student?

To get a CSP, you must be one of the following: an Australian citizen, who be resident in Australia for at least one unit of study contributing to their course of study. a New Zealand citizen, who will be resident in Australia for the duration of their unit(s) of study.

What courses are Commonwealth supported?

2021 Commonwealth supported postgraduate degrees

  • Autism studies. Graduate Certificate in Autism. …
  • Business. Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance. …
  • Dementia & Gerontology. Graduate Certificate in Dementia Care. …
  • Graduate Certificate in Education. …
  • Exercise & Nutrition. …
  • Health & Medicine. …
  • ICT & Physics. …
  • Law & Maritime Studies.

How much does it cost to study medicine in Australia 2020?

Tuition fees for MBBS in Australia range between 255,200 AUD to 630,000 AUD for an international student. After pursuing this degree, you can earn up to 214,000 AUD per year as a Doctor/Physician in Australia which is 60% more than the average salary of a health and medical professional.

How are Commonwealth supported places allocated?

A CSP is a place subsidised by the Commonwealth. Most domestic students undertaking a bachelor degree course at a Table A provider are enrolled in a CSP. … The amount of subsidy the Government contributes for each student is based on the units of study the student chooses for their program.

IT\'S INTERESTING:  Is college common in Australia?

Do all students get CSP?

CSPs are unfortunately only available to domestic students. Any international students seeking funding can apply for some of the numerous scholarships available to them.

How much does the government pay for CSP?

From 1 January 2021, the student contribution for a full-time student studying society and culture is $14,500 per EFTSL. Before 1 January 2021, the student contribution for the same course would have been $6,804 per EFTSL.

Can I defer a Commonwealth supported place?

If you’re enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place, you will either pay your student contribution up front or if eligible, defer all or part of your contribution through HECS-HELP.

Is UNSW a Commonwealth supported place?

Domestic undergraduate students who are offered a place through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) will be offered a Commonwealth supported place (CSP). … These places are limited and must be applied for, either directly to UNSW or through UAC.